On Friday 6 March we will celebrate International Women's Day with Mornington Peninsula Shire. Our Sisters will speak about how work is empowering themselves.
There will also be workshops in basket making, henna hand painting, making fabric necklaces and hair- braiding where our Sisters will teach their skills and as well as share some of their experiences and culture. As well, there will be a beautiful display of our products for sale. We hope you can come and invite many other people to come too. Please SHARE and spread the word.
Where you can find our Sisters'products this week:
Mornington Main Street Market - Wednesday 25th, Main St Mornington, 10am - 3pm
StKilda Esplanade Market - Sunday 1st, StKilda Esplanade, Stall 97, 10am - 5pm
SisterWorks has many dreams for 2015 and some include the expansion of Design Lab to include;
- A Business Lab as our Sisters needs a good understanding of business, business in Australia and overcoming language and cultural barriers.
- A permanent design lab and work-space with needed equipment, including looms and sewing machines, etc.
- A retail space to sell and showcase our products with coffee/tea facilities and work opportunities.
- Running of workshops where Sisters can share their skills with the wider community.
- Securing both a specialized and strategic team.
- And enduring a permanent and accessible office for people to access our services and other resources.
To summarise, SisterWorks needs a home with space, basic facilities and people with talents integral to our program.
Here you can look at our options of donations.
Please support us in giving vulnerable women in our community the tools and confidence to become independent, by donating and also by spreading the word within your networks.
A huge HUG filled with hopes and dreams,