8/01/2015 1:00pm. We have just successfully completed our first crowdfunding campaign, with 310 wonderful people donating $32,185. To them, and to all of you who supported us by spreading the word and encouraging people to donate, we want to say
SisterWorks has many dreams for 2015 and some include the expansion of Design Lab to include;
- A Business Lab as our Sisters needs a good understanding of business, business in Australia and overcoming language and cultural barriers.
- A permanent design lab and work-space with needed equipment, including looms and sewing machines, etc.
- A retail space to sell and showcase our products with coffee/tea facilities and work opportunities.
- Running of workshops where Sisters can share their skills with the wider community.
- Securing both a specialized and strategic team.
- And enduring a permanent and accessible office for people to access our services and other resources.
To summarise, SisterWorks needs a home with space, basic facilities and people with talents integral to our program. To ensure this we need a minimum of $65,000 for the first year. We have already secured a $15,000 grant from the City of Yarra and raised $32,185 via crowd-funding. Please keep spreading the word; we are half-way along the path towards our ultimate goal. Thank YOU all for your amazing support.
Here you can look at our options of donations.
Please support us in giving vulnerable women in our community the tools and confidence to become independent, by donating and also by spreading the word within your networks.
A huge HUG filled with hopes and dreams,
Where you can find our Sisters'products this week:
Mornington Main Street Market - Wednesday 28th, Main St Mornington, 10:00am - 3:00pm
St Kilda Esplanade Market - Sunday 1st, StKilda Esplanade, 10:00am - 5:00pm